With my fitness journey comes a whole new look at food especially since I am working towards losing pounds and adding lean muscle. One thing I find hard is avoiding fast burning or "no good for you carbs". You know the ones I am taking about, I know you do. I have a weakness for baked goods. I have thought about my clean eating and have decided that I wont restrict myself from treats here and there especially ones that I can make from scratch. I really do believe one still should have a "treat" here and there but I think I am going to treat myself I am going to really enjoy it. This is going to be a whole blog post in itself but for today lets talk about low calorie good for you snacks. Ones that are healthy and will help you stay full until your next meal.
I literally eat every 2-3 hours. I have finally reset my metabolism to work in the fat burning mode instead of fat storing. This means I fuel my body with foods that is will turn to energy instead of storing it as fat. In turn when your metabolism is working hard to fuel your body you need to continue to give it healthy treats.
Here is a list of my favorite go to snacks that are 200 or less calories, in no particular order.
- A banana with or without 1 Tbsp of peanut butter
- A small to medium apple with or without 1 Tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 cup raw veggies - peppers, cucumbers, tiny tomatoes and 2 Tbsp of homemade Hummus
- Protein Shake - calories depend on the shake some are as low as 60 calories when mixed with water.
- Rice cakes - again this depends on the flavor but most are 50 to 80 calories for 1 rice cake or under 100 calories for 12 mini rice cakes
- 1 slice of homemade banana bread - 170 calories
- Homemade baked kale chips (1 cup of Kale baked) 70 calories
- 1 hard boiled egg 70 calories
- 1 cup fat free Greek Yogurt with 1 Tbsp of honey 160 calories
- 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese with 1 cup of berries 160 calories
~*Disclaimer: This post was written by Genuine Jenn. All opinions are honest and my own.*~