Do you love tomatoes? Here is a quick, easy and tasty recipe from David Rooco from the Food Network. Tomatoes form the base of David Rocco’s warming soup, a deliciously simple one-pot meal ready to serve in a little over 20 minutes.
Serves: 2-4 people
- 4 tbsp (56 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 fresh chili peppers, chopped
- 2 cans (14 oz/398 ml) tomatoes, such as Hunt’s Original Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can (19 oz/540 ml) lentils, drained and rinsed
- Salt, QB
- Pepper, QB
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste, such as Hunt’s Original Tomato Paste
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil. Add garlic, parsley and chili peppers and sauté for a few minutes until the garlic has started to turn golden.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes with the juice right from the tin. With the back of a wooden spoon, break up the tomatoes into little chunks. You can decide the consistency. Then add in the rinsed lentils, salt and pepper. Add tomato paste, and then add water about 1/2 an inch above the lentils. Bring to a boil, then lower to medium heat and cook for 20 minutes until the soup has thickened.
~*Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post from Hunts. We received Hunts products in exchange for posting. All opinions are honest and my own.*~