Ten minutes to a calmer, more peaceful you
From the creators of the Wall Street Journal bestseller Mindfulness Made Simple comes a new book to help busy meditators release tension, relieve stress, and reconnect with peace and tranquility. Meditation Now: A Beginner's Guide provides friendly advice, step-by-step guidance, and a range of ten-minute meditations that fit easily into tight schedules.
Filled with time-honored practices and insightful discussions, Meditation Now: A Beginner's Guide makes it easy to learn meditation, with:
- Step-by-step instructions for 18 meditation techniques that can be practiced anytime, anywhere
- 14 "Take Ten" meditations to promote mindfulness in everyday situations like traffic jams and work presentations
- Essential advice and guidelines for overcoming common obstacles like boredom and relating skillfully to thoughts and emotions
- 3 focused 28-day meditation plans for those months when you need extra emotional support, happiness, or relaxation
- Inspirational quotations and practical tips that motivate you to deepen your practice
Purchase a copy on Amazon.
About the Author:
Elizabeth Reninger has been exploring yoga and meditation -- in its Taoist, Buddhist and Advaita Vedanta flavors -- for nearly thirty years. She's a practitioner of the Taoist arts of poetry, qigong, acupuncture and tuina; has a passion for Eastern philosophy and nondual spiritual inquiry - and loves to meet others who share these interests.
I really enjoyed reading this book. While reading it I actually felt a feeling of calmness come over me. I didn't know much about meditation before reading this book and I found this was a great beginners guide. I didn't feel overwhelmed by the teachings and felt that I could practice each meditation as it was thoroughly explained well for beginners. It does seem like a focused & spiritual meditation but this is just what I have been looking for. Each section talks about a different way to meditate and there are exercises to do with each one. You can set your timer for up to 10 minutes to practice each meditation which I found very helpful. I look forward to going back through this book and using meditation in my daily life along with yoga.
I give this book a 5 stars out of 5!
~*Disclaimer: This post was written by Genuine Jenn. I received a copy of this book for review purpose. All opinions are honest and my own.*~