This recipe was found online a couple years back and I can't remember where I found it. If this is your recipe please let me know, so I can give you credit. It is a wonderful recipe, very easy to make from scratch. This recipe is as easy as making Hamburger Helper from the box except you can decide what goes inside.
Most of the time we have all the ingredients in the house and you could always prep a bunch in small snack bags for other times. This would make it just like making it from the box.
This is the recipe for Chili Hamburger Helper
1 cup hot water
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
1 Tbsp corn starch
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp paprika
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet; drain.
- While browning ground beef - mix corn starch, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, sugar and paprika together; set aside
- Add hot water, milk, pasta and your homemade sauce packet (corn starch, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, sugar and paprika)
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer on low about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
- Add Cheese in the last few minutes or wait and add just before serving, it is really up to you.
- Serve and Enjoy!